Tuesday 21 June 2011

A new book on Walt Kelly

This book caught my eye on Amazon.com today:

Walt Kelly: The Life and Art of the Creator of Pogo


This should be interesting. "[...] essays by Walt Kelly scholars Tom Andrae, Carsten Laqua, and Mark Burstein together with an appreciation by Kelly's stepson, Scott Daley." 244 pages and July 27 as a release date. The only thing that makes me worried is the design. It screams "cheap fan publication" in capital letters. And if I may judge a book from it's cover, I'll stay away from it until I'm sure the repro quality on the inside is OK. 

[Edit: This seems to be the final cover:

And it's a stunner! Beautiful! Thanks to Germund who alerted me.]

Until then: check out the wonderful Walt Kelly blog Whirled of Kelly!

1 comment:

Germund said...

Hermes has a different, better cover image at their website.

http://www.hermespress.com/Books/Andrae/Covers/waltkelly_large.jpg