Saturday 25 October 2008

Mickey x 2

Going through my files at home I found these.

Two Mickey drawings I did back in 1998 when I was serious about becoming a Disney artist. Halfway through inking one of the pieces I got a freelance job for Bamse. And the stuff I had made with Mickey was put in an envelope and shelved away. Somewhere in my apartment there should be some try-out pages with Mickey, the Phantom Blot and Eega Beeva etc. If I can find them maybe, just maybe, they will turn up here...

4 comments:

HenriekeG said...

That would be very nice to see! It would also be nice to see how you'd draw Mickey now- ten years later.
If I may ask, when did you first start as a professional artist?

Anonymous said...

Is that a mousetrap in the first image?

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

Henrieke: Doing a Mickey today? Well it would probably look terrible. :) I started doing professional work when I was around 24-25. It didn't look very professional, but at least it was published and I made money out of it. So, let's pretend I was professional then. :)
I didn't really start to draw seriously until the mid 90's, so I still have a lot of catching up to do.
BTW: I like like wolves on your blog. Looks like a mix between Buettner and Matena.

Håkan: Yes, it's a mouse trap. Clever of me, eh? :)

HenriekeG said...

Thanks for the reply! I must say I enjoy reading your blog a lot.
It's good to hear you think the wolves look like that, since those are exactly my two favorite wolf artists. This was my very first try at them, so I still have to figure out a little how to draw them.