Thursday 27 March 2008

Cartoonist photos

It's been a long time since I posted any cartoonist photos here on the blog. So for those of you who wants to see pics of some great comic artists from the past I hope you enjoy this post.

First we have Al Capp in a shot from Aug. 5, 1953:


Otto Soglow:

And then Ottos (not so little) Little King together with Jimmy Durante Aug 30, 1934.

Jimmy Swinnerton 1932:


Hal Foster at his drawingboard Feb 15, 1962:

And to end this post: Anyone who can name all four (or just one) of these cartoonist? A tough one, I know. Good luck! :)


PS. Myself I'm currently trying to dechiper Floyd Gottfredsons Mark O'Polo scripts. I just wish his handwriting was easier to understand...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the 4 cartoonists are Westover, Goldberg, Hatlo and Chic Young (left to right).
---Fortunato

Gianfranco Goria said...

afNews.info - ISSN 1971-1824 - Today we talked about you
our article is on line at:
http://www.afnews.info - www.fumetti.org/afnews - www.afnews.net

afNews:
Daily news, informations and opinions from the world of comic art, founded and directed by Gianfranco Goria, since 1995.
Fondata e diretta da Gianfranco Goria. Dal 1995, notizie, informazioni, opinioni ecc. dal mondo del fumetto e dintorni.

--- snail mail address:
afNews-Goria
corso San Maurizio 55
10124 Torino
Italy

--- tel/fax (+39) 178.221.0472
--- eMail redazione@afnews.info

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

Fortunato:
You are absolutely right!
And I who thought that Hatlo would be a tough one. Well done. I'm impressed!

Gianfranco:
Thanks for mentioning my blog on afnews! :)